” Spending time alone in your own company reinforces your self-worth and is often the number-one way to replenish your resilience reserves.” – Sam Owen
During our daily life we often complain about our situation.We complain about having to wake up early, go to school or work and about not having enough time about ourselves.All of us have different talents, different dreams and many of us don’t have enough time to work on their dreams.People come shattered home from work, eat and just need to rest. But now we are at the time where we all have to stay home.We can save lives by staying home. Most of us don’t have to work during this global pandemic.Instead we get worried that we can’t go out, we can’t meet friends, ge can’t go to partys, we should look at it from a positive perspective and be thankful that we finally can spend time with ourselves.We have time to focus on our dreams, to spend more time with our family ( children, parents, siblings). You can finally rest, you can get to know yourself better, find out what you like and what you wanna be.
How to spend your time during self isolation at home
The most important thing is to stay calm and not panic.We can’t control things and the only thing we can do is to think positive and support each other. I will mention some things, you can do while in quarantine:
Take care of yourself
- Sleep well: sleeping enough can help you be more energetic during the day.
- Drink enough water: our body should be hydrated and this helps balance your blood sugar, helps relieve headaches, and promotes healthy skin
- Exercise: exercising has many health benefits: both physically and mentally. It reduces heart diseases, improves your mental health, strengths your bones and muscles, helps you control your weight etc…Try to exercise every day a bit, even small changes can help.
- Take care of your skin/hair: -put face masks on, try different hairmasks etc…
Boost your mental health
- Self-love/ self-care: go outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun, take a hot bath,take care of your skin like put face masks on etc…
- Meditate: Meditation trains your mind
- Sit or lie comfortably
- Close your eyes
- Breath naturally
- Focus on your breath.Notice the movement of your body while breathing.
- Repeat some words to yourself e.g everything will be good.Meditation helps you to become more peaceful, less worried, more attentive to everything in your life.
Read and write
- Find a book you like and read it: reading keeps our mind active and gives us knowledge
- Start a Blog ( this is what I did): write about any interessts you might have
- Write in your diary: writing down your thoughts and everything that is in your mind helps you come to terms with your feelings and record all your thoughts and feelings
Learn a new language
- learning a new language keeps your brain fit and increases your brain power
- when learning a new language you develop yourself further
- Download Duolingo, Tandem, watch movies in other languages, watch youtube videos – all these can help you learn a new language
Now you have time to pursue your hobbies. If you feel like you don’t have any hobby, try new hobbies. The most important thing is that you enjoy it
Here is a list of hobbies that you can try:
- Play an instrument
- If you have a garden,play different sports e.g basketball
Spend time with your Family
Since we all have been so busy working or going to school, we rarely spend time with our Family.Now is the best time to know your children,parents or siblings, grandparents better. Spend time with each other ( if you live in the same house), play board games, eat meals together, cook together, make jokes together and show them how much they matter to you.